PVT – Leader in Thin Film Technology
PVT – People with Vision and Technology
PVT Plasma und Vakuum Technik GmbH, with its world headquarter in Bensheim, near Frankfurt, Germany, is a leader in the field of ion- and plasma-assisted vacuum coating technologies for over 30 years.
PVT’s focus is on
- wear resistant
- erosion resistant
- corrosion resistant and
- low friction
high-performance thin films and coatings.
PVT is very familiar with the challenges and the continuously growing requirements of the different industries such as
- increased lifetime and longevity of tools and components
- increased productivity of coating systems
- more efficient coating processes and
- better target utilization of more and more complex and expensive coating materials.
PVT develops for these requirements vacuum coating processes, protective coatings and designs and manufactures vacuum coating systems for the benefit of our worldwide customer base.
PVT also applies all these developments in its own coating centers and distributes these technologies worldwide.
PVT is also a preferred partner for the different industries, such as
- the cutting tool industry,
- the dies and molds industry,
- th automotive industry,
- the aircraft and aerospace industry as well as
- the medical industry
to develop high-performance coatings for the most severe applications.
According to the company’s philosophy, the “total satisfaction of the customer” has the highest priority.
1985 – Registration of PVT – Plasma und Vakuum Technik GmbH
1991 – Change of ownership
1998 – First activities in China
2002 – Headquarter moved to own facility in Bensheim
2004 – 1st Coating center established in China (Harbin)
2006 – Representative Office established in Beijing, China
2010 – Several more coating centers established in China
2015 – R&D center established in Harbin
2020 – Registration of PVT India
2021 – PVT Shanghai established
Scope of Business
- Development of ion- and plasma assisted vacuum coating processes (PVD – Physical vapor deposition and PECVD – Plasma-enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition)
- Development of high performance coatings in the range of 5 nm up to 100 μm thickness
- Design and manufacture of vacuum coating equipment (Batch-type and continuous in-line-systems)
- Configuration, supply and installation of complete turn-key coating centers