xPro – L4
Vacuum Hard Coating System With New PDA III*-Technology and HiParc-Technology (optional)
The xPro – L4 is the most advanced industrial large size vacuum coating system, which includes the PDA*-technology. It is specifically designed for the deposition of high performance metallurgical coatings, such as AlCrSiN, AlTiSiN, AlCrN, AlTiN, CrN, TiC,N, TiN and many others. Such coatings are evaporated by arc onto a variety of cutting tools, dies and moulds, components and consumer products for wear, erosion and corrosion protection as well as tribological purposes. The xPro – L4 is also in a “pulsed” high power version as xPro – L4H available (HiParc**), where the technology and power supply package enables faster depositon rates, shorter cycle times and significantly improved target utilisation.
The xPro – L4 is characterized by:
- Robust system designed for the rigorous production environment using sophisticated vacuum coating technologies.
- Rugged construction marked by an extremely advanced highly refined design.
- Extreme reliability based on intelligent straightforward design and construction.
- The broadest spectrum of coatings and coating technology available in a single system at the lowest possible cost.
- Fully automatic, computer controlled, closed loop process control providing process repeatability, reliability and a user-friendly environment.
- The coating industry’s broadest capabilities in the smallest footprint.
Technical Highlights of the xPro – L4:
- PDA III* “Plasma-Diffused-Arc” for the deposition of smooth, more compact coatings
Magnetic arc confinement MACIII*
- High target utilization
- Drastically reduced micro-particle formation
Short process time
- Increased heating capabilities
- Efficient cleaning and etching cycle
Improved coating properties
- Advanced interface formation
- Extremely clean process environment
Improved part handling and fixturing
- Safest most manoeuvrable transport carts
- Easy to load and use carts with high load capabilities
Improved software design
- Extreme ease of use
- Highly reproducible runs
- High level of flexibility for custom tailored coating solutions
- Remote control and diagnostics
Improved thermal management
- Intensive water cooling
- Double walled construction
Most reliable components
- Brand name components
- Clever integration
|Size of vacuum chamber||1,000 × 1,000 × 1,150 mm (L × W × H)|
|Coating volume||710 × 720 mm (Ø × H)|
|No. of rotary platform
|Size of rotary platform
|820 ×820 × 1,015 mm (L × W × H)|
|Pumping||2 double stage rotary vane pumps
1 roots pump
1 turbomolecular pump
|Sources||4 large area arc evaporators|
|Power supplies||4 arc power supplies @ 210 A
optional: 400 A pulsed (HiParc**)
1 pc 15 kW dc bias power supply
|Heater||4 pcs, rated @ 12 kW each|
|Overall size||3,650 × 1,615 × 2,220 mm (L × B × H)|
|Power||120 kW, 400 V, 3 ph + N, 50/60 Hz|
|Plasma volume||710 × 740 mm (Ø × H)|
|End mills Ø 4 × 50 mm||3,670 pcs|
|End mills Ø 12 × 75 mm||1,260 pcs|
|Inserts ½″ x ½″ x 4 mm||7,700 pcs|
|Hobs Ø 80 × 80 mm||224 pcs|
|Hobs Ø 100 × 100 mm||108 pcs|
*PDA = Plasma-Diffused-Arc
**HiParc = High Power Pulsed Arc